Public Integrity Commission

Administering and implementing Delaware's code of conduct for the executive branch.

Financial Disclosure Frequently Asked Questions

Anyone needing first-time access to the Public Officer system MUST contact the Public Integrity Commission at 739-2399 before creating an account. PIC will review all pertinent information with you and assist you in completing your registration.
29 Del. C. § 5813(a) requires all Public Officers to submit a Financial Disclosure form with PIC. Public Officer is defined in 29 Del. C. § 5812. The purpose of the law is to allow the public to review the financial interests held by the State’s decision-makers in order to ensure the official’s judgment is not affected by financial gain.
No. The information is only available through a FOIA request so we may track the individuals who have accessed your information.
PIRS is an acronym for Public Integrity Reporting System. It is a database that collects and stores information about lobbyists and Public Officers.
Do not create a new profile! We do not have access to your password but you can re-set it yourself by clicking on the ‘Forgot My Password’ link just to the right of the login box. Once you click that link a password re-set will be sent to your state email address.

We maintain a record of your Username. If you cannot remember your username, call our office during regular business hours or click on the ‘Forgot Username’ link to the right of the login box.

After you create your account, we need to link your Username to your PIRS account. To link the accounts we need you to call us with your Username. The process only takes a couple of minutes to complete.
Yes. 29 Del. C. § 5813 (a) reads “[e]very public officer … shall electronically file a report disclosing financial interests, as hereinafter provided. Each electronic report shall be submitted and electronically verified through the database maintained by the Commission for such records…”
Please call PIC at 739-2399. We can walk you through the process step by step over the phone or you can stop by our office and we will be happy to assist you.
New Public Officers are required to file within 14 days of their appointment or promotion. Candidates for statewide office are required to file within 14 days of their declaration to run for political office. Thereafter, Public Officers must file once a year between January 1st and March 15th.
Yes. If you don’t have time to complete your report you can save it. The next time you log in to PIRS select ‘In Progress Reports’ then edit, delete or add an item.
After logging in to PIRS, from your home page select ‘Submitted Reports’. Select ‘Edit’ next to the year of the report you want to change. Next, open the section you want to edit by using the drop down arrow for that section. Edit/ delete or add an item. When you are finished editing your disclosure, click ‘Submit’.
Log in to PIRS and select ‘Edit My Profile’. You can then edit/change any information in your profile.

Call PIC at 739-2399 and ask to speak to the Administrative Assistant.
Examples include: 401K accounts; IRAs; 457(b); mutual funds; your State Deferred Compensation Plan.
No, if you do not have day-to-day control over the buying and selling of the stock in the mutual fund, just list the name of the company which manages your account.
Report them in Section 1-A. You should report all stocks individually if they are worth over $5000 per company, as well as the name of the company that manages your account. If your holdings in the account are worth more than a total of $5000, but the value for each company is less than $5000, you should report only the name of the company managing your account. If you have an investment account with a third party (i.e. Merrill Lynch, Edward Jones) that invests your assets in mutual funds, you should report the name of the mutual fund (i.e. Voya, Fidelity).
Any income you receive for services rendered including your State of Delaware income. Examples include: Social Security benefits; employee compensation from both private and government entities; pension benefits.
If you were personally reimbursed in an amount over $1,000 from a single source, you should report the amount as a “Reimbursement” under Section 3-C. If your expenses were paid in advance and no monies were sent directly to you, report the expenses as a “Gift” if the amount exceeds $250. The type of “Gift” falls in the “Other” category. If your expenses were paid by a third party, but you were required to participate in the event in your official capacity, you may qualify for an exception to the reporting requirement. Please contact Commission Counsel for further advice.
If the expenses were pre-paid by the State and no monies were sent directly to you, you do not need to report them. If your expenses exceeded $1000 AND you were reimbursed, you must report the amount under Section 3-C.
Yes. The reporting requirement is tied to the source of the payments, not the individual amounts. You should report a $1001 reimbursement and the name of the source. This is true whether the reimbursement was by the State or a private entity.

Related Topics:  , ,